The Association of Ukrainian Cities (AUC) and the Association of Energy Auditors (AEA) with the support of the US Agency for International Development (USAID) initiated the establishing of Information and Advisory Center of Energy Efficiency at the ASU and invite community leaders and local government officials to cooperate.
The concept of the Сenter is providing of practical organizational and technical support to the Ukrainian cities and communities in the preparation and implementation of investment projects in the sphere of energy efficiency (conducting express energy audits, providing consultations and explanations on the preparation of business plans and project bids, documents necessary for approval of the volume and conditions for local borrowings, provision of local guarantees, registration of loan agreements at NBU, etc.), the exchange of relevant information on energy efficiency, including existing grants and credit programs.
The objectives of the Center are:
- providing advice to the cities and communities of Ukraine on energy management and energy efficiency;
- providing assistance to Ukrainian cities in attracting of grants, international technical support and loan funds for energy efficiency projects;
- monitoring and supplying information on existing programs and projects;
- providing assistance to cities and communities of Ukraine in the preparation and implementation of projects aimed to improve their energy efficiency, and consultation to obtain funding for such projects.
To complete its tasks the Center cooperates with:
- ASU partner cities;
- public and donor organizations, as well as state institutions;
- specialized organizations and experts, if such cooperation is necessary to complete the tasks of the Center.
The Center will actively cooperate with AEA in the implementation of projects in the sphere of energy efficiency and in the increase of capacity of the Ukrainian cities in development and implementation of sustainable energy development policies, preparation of relevant investment projects and business plans, implementation of the energy management departments and monitoring systems.
Information on the financing of energy efficiency projects, reference and methodological information on conducting energy audits, creation of the energy management departments and energy monitoring systems will be posted and updated on the web pages of the Association of Ukrainian Cities (www.auc.org.ua) and the Association of Energy Auditors (www.aea.org.ua).