Translated by Google Translate
The Government provides financial, coordination and methodological support for the implementation of regional innovation and development investment projects. Now, with the support of the Government (based on funding from the state and local budgets in the amount of almost $ 9 billion UAH.). In regions realized almost 9 thousand projects.
Projects aimed at modernization of water and wastewater systems, heating, gas and electricity, homes, construction and repair of infrastructure, institutions, education, medicine, culture and sports.
Government pays special attention to social development projects. With this in 2013 completed construction of 126 objects and 462 renovated facility – hospitals, schools, kindergartens, cultural institutions and sports.
Alexander Vilkul noted that much attention is paid to the implementation of modernization projects in the regions most troubled sectors of the economy – housing and communal services.
In particular, in 2013 replaced 478 km of heat networks, reconstructed 677 boilers replaced and repaired boilers 2.2 thousand. To reduce water loss reconstructed 2,2 thousand km of water and sewer networks. Also restored the technical condition of 204.5 thousand houses.
This – repaired roofs, porches, elevators replaced, insulated house, counters. By the end of the heating season due to modernization of housing and energy saving technologies implementation plan to reduce natural gas consumption by 5%.
Leaders the best regional projects became Kiev, Dnipropetrovsk, Poltava, Zaporozhye and Donetsk regions. According to preliminary calculations regions, the cost savings from the sale of only the best practices to modernize utilities sector, which were selected by the Ministry and is a small part of all implemented projects in the country is about 42 million hryvnia per year.
In order to promote best practices for regional development of local communities, information seminars held in Lviv, Kharkov, Kiev. Also on site is the creation of the Regional Development Ministry launched the national electronic database of best practices, projects and programs.
– In order to attract additional funding for regional development projects, the government is working with international financial institutions, particularly the World Bank, the European Investment Bank, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation. With this in Ukraine is already being implemented with them four joint projects worth over 3 billion USD., – Said Alexander Vilkul.
Now the Government is working on international financial institutions to implement another 5 projects worth nearly 10 billion UAH. Projects relating to the modernization of housing, enhancing regional administration and local government, energy and resources, environmental safety.
Help: Projects that are being implemented in cooperation with international financial institutions:
- Local infrastructure development project , implemented in 14 cities 12 regions of Ukraine. This Odessa, Chernihiv, Borispol, Kamenetz-Podolsk, Cherkasy, Coloma Drogobic, Kharkiv, Kherson, Kremenchug, Ivano-Frankivsk, Novgorod -Volyn, Slovyansk, New Kakhovka. Work within the project is now completed in 5 cities – Cherkasy, Coloma, New Kakhovka, Drogobic and Kamenetz -Podolsk.
- The project, which is implemented in Nikolaev together with the European Investment Bank (EIB). The project aims to modernize the water and wastewater systems in excess of 31 million euros.
- “Modernization of heating, sanitation and energy efficiency” is being implemented in Ukraine together with the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) in the amount of 147.5 million euros in 8 cities: Big Yalta, Dnipropetrovsk, Zaporizhzhya, Lviv, Ternopil, Zhytomyr, Ivano-Frankivsk, Cherkasy.
- “Demo Ukraine” implemented in Ukraine with the Nordic Environment Finance Corporation ( NEFCO ), totaling 10 million euros. It aims to introduce energy efficiency measures in the heating sector . To participate in the project selected 10 cities: Donetsk, Ivano – Frankivsk, Vinnytsia, Zhytomyr, Kamenetz -Podolsk, Kiev, Alexandria, Krivoy Rog, Poltava, Syeverodonets’k.